CONTESTThe Student World Biennial, in the organisation of the Academy of Arts, University of Novi Sad, was first held in 2004. In the same year the First Biennial of Student Poster was organised, and ever since the Biennial of Poster has been held in odd years, and the Biennial of Photography in even years .
The World Biennial of Student Photography is open to all undergraduate students of academies and colleges where the discipline of photography is part of the curriculum.
- All photographs must represent the student’s original work created within last two (2) academic years and should be verified by the professors’ signature at the back.
- Format: 35 x 50 cm if submitted in electronic form, or no larger than 1m² if submitted by post.
- Number of works: each student can send maximum three (3) works.
- Technique: There are no limitations on techniques or realization of the photographs.
HOW TO APPLY:
PLEASE, CAREFULLY READ ENTRY GUIDELINES BEFORE SUBMITTING WORKS.There are two options for submitting your works:
A. BY POST- The entrants bear all postal expenses.
- All works should be posted to the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad (address is at the application form).
- All works should be original photos from 35 x 50 cm up to 1m²
- Work should NOT be mounted in any surface, nor equipped.
- On the back of the photography, in the left bottom corner, there should be a sticker clearly stating the entrant’s data written in block letters both in mother tongue and English.
- Furthermore, the filled application form and the reproductions in digital format (for the purpose of printing the Biennial catalogue) must be sent to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- the name of each file must be the same as the title of the photography sent by post.
B. BY E-MAIL- All works and filled application form should be sent to the following email addresses: email@example.com.
The works sent by email must meet these condition:
- file format: non-layered TIFF or JPEG
- resolution: 20 x 30 cm in 300dpi (2300 x 3500 px)
- color: CMYK - 8 Bits/channel
- the file size MUST NOT exceed 10 MB
Submission deadline has been extended to
15th November 2013.
All submitted works will become a part of the special Biennial collection at the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad and can be used in didactic and promotional purposes by both the Biennial and the Academy.
The information on the entry form will be used in the exhibition’s catalogue and other Biennial publications.
By applying to the contest, the entrants accept the terms of the Biennial exhibition organizer.
The Selection Board is entitled to reject (not to exhibit) those works that are not in agreement with the undisputed world standards on human rights to identity, nation, religion, language and the like.
The organizers of the Biennial cannot transfer rights to a third party for using and reproduction of works from the Biennial.
Preliminary and final results of the competition will be announced on website of the Academy.
JURYThe photographs will be judged by an international jury.
The decision of the Jury will be final and the winners will be announced at the opening ceremony of the Biennial in Novi Sad (November / December 2013).
AWARDS AND PRIZES
1st prize:Crystal medal, € 1500, solo exhibition in 2015 in Novi Sad, crystal medal for the tutor (professor).
2nd prize:Crystal medal, € 800, crystal medal for the tutor (professor).
3rd prize:Crystal medal, € 400, crystal medal for the tutor (professor).
4th World Biennial Exhibition of Student Photography
11 December 2013. Serbian National Theatre, Novi Sad at 13:00
Djure Jaksica 7
21000 Novi Sad